Skip to main content

My Beating Heart

Look at him, tall and handsome, and his smile, oh his smile, big and vibrant. He comes my way and I don't dare for a moment think it is I he could possibly want.
I am wrong, for it is me that he has come all this way for. He opens his mouth and there is that smile. He starts to speak and I am smitten. Standing there wide eyed I hear nothing of what he is saying to me. I soon realise he is awaiting a response. Shit!  Why wasn't I paying attention? I stutter as I ask him to repeat himself as I think to myself what a fool I must look like.
Our brief exchange comes to an end and I'm left dazed even though he is gone and I, left to my lonesome.

It's been weeks since our first exchange and much has happened. What I thought to be a mere crush  has blossomed into much more. I crave his presence, when he comes around I fall into a deep ecstasy filled trance. I lose myself, but in a good way, I let go of all my inhibitions, my guard goes down I look at him and I know that for this man I would do anything.

But woe is me for he hasn't the slightest idea of what I feel. To him I am nothing more than a girl whose body  he has become all too familiar with, in which he finds his release and escape from the real world.
He belongs to another you see, thus even though I reach out to him, out of my grasp he shall forever remain.

I lay with him, skin to skin, vulnerable, as we connect in the most intimate way possible for man, yet he can never be mine...
Why of course I know it isn't right. Here I am giving my most precious self to a man I hold no claim over. Here my beating heart pounds heavily against my chest at the mere sound of his name. Ohh the aching.

I watch him get dressed knowing that even though he lays with me, it is only for a moment... an all so beautiful moment, for he can never be mine. And as he kisses me goodbye, he thinks of his woman who he longs to hurry back home to so he may lay lovingly with her in his arms for an eternity. An eternity in which I shall spend in anguish because in him lies a part of me that I can never reclaim. I am left bare and broken.

I see him now, tall, handsome, and oh his smile...

Keep still my beating heart. 💓

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

D.I.Y.: Vest to Bodysuit

Hey! It's been a minute.... yes, a really long minute 🙈 I know. But I'm back!! Woop woop. The festive season is upon us and we all want to look good because why not?? So I'm here to help y'all look good on a budget so you can have enough money left over to go out and celebrate.... you're welcome, you know I gatchu *insert high five here*. So, last year I had written an article on thrifting, or salaula if you may, on the Trendition-Z page, follow the link >  HERE  < . I gave a few tips on how to go about it so you will definitely find it useful. (Read it!!) A while ago, I happened to find myself in DAPP because they had clothes going at K8... K8!!! How could I walk past that?? So I got the vest and knit sweater in the thumbnail picture above for K8 each and felt pretty good about my purchase. Problem is, the vest was way too long as you see above. Ended up looking like a really short dress so it was idly sitting in the closet until I got a light bulb m

He Can Get it Two

Thought it was time for an update on the He Can Get It post... and so here goes: I had talked about the repulsion effect in that post... and had been thinking heavily about it. About how we tend to love the people that hate and hurt us or the ones we would never have a chance with. You know, the guys that make plans with you and you go all out to get ready. The perfect outfit, face beat, hair did and smelling good and then *ring-ring* he can't make it, all or most times but because you're so into him you keep putting up with it. Or the guys we're willing to lay it all for because we think we've found "the one" but he cheats and betrays your trust more than you know but when you find out, you forgive him because you love him. Then there's the guy that has you feeling all kinds of good. The almost perfect guy that knows just what to say to get you hooked and high on him. He's fun and exciting.... and in a relationship. You know you shouldn't

Look for Less with DIY

So.... I'm into arts and crafts, DIY... anything I can do by myself I don't like to spend money on. From changing a light bulb to fixing a plug or socket to hammering something together, fixing a door handle, painting, braiding my hair all the way to the clothes I wear. I prefer to do things on my own from the phrase/saying: "If you want something done right do it yourself"  That's my motto. I prefer to be self sufficient and encourage others to do the same because there is nothing I hate more than having to be stranded and depend on someone else to come through only to disappoint me.  But don't get me wrong, where I'm unable to, I'm quick to ask for help. So school was forcibly/prematurely closed so i've been bored outta my mind.  But then I thought "hmm i like clothes. Why don't I get a little creative to pass the time" and got to it. Yesterday I came up with this little number Made the crop top out of a p